Friday, April 23, 2010

Moving



I moved away from home in August. Now I'm moving away from Colorado to home. One school year away from home. I've changed a lot. Mostly for good, partly for bad, but definitely changed.
I will be done with my final class at Florida Southern in about an hour and a half.
I've learned a lot this year.
It is amazing how God works and moves. For a long time, I wondered what people meant when they said "the Lord spoke to me" or "the Lord told me to do this" or "the Lord led me here". What does that even mean?! I'm still not sure what anyone else means when they say it, but I've learned more how I can know when the Lord is speaking to me. Philippians 4:6-7.
Ironically, I had those verses tattooed on my foot in August before I left for college. It has become another of the leading verses in my life. "6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." There have been three experiences I really remember where God used the peace only He can give to guide me. Choosing Florida Southern, becoming a nurse and transferring to Regis. Each time I was incredibly nervous and couldn't come to a real decision. After pray and consideration of what God would have me do, I knew the answer. It was peace. Then the decisions became exciting.
However, one of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard was this: do not just go to the Lord in big decisions. He wants to be the Lord in the little things too. If you are seeking Him in all things, you can't make a wrong decision.
May the Lord bless you all today,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment